Innersport is proud to present our Running Workouts for serious runners. Who may be a serious runner? A runner that lives, eats, and breathes running. A runner who puts time and energy into bettering his or her running performance. A runner who understands the concept of injury prevention. We are not necessarily talking about only elite, fast, and accomplished runners. We are talking about running passion.
Are you a serious runner? Then, you'll like our serious workouts!
Innersport thrives on researching effective and FUNCTIONAL exercises, meaning exercises that will directly impact your gait and running performance as well as prevent injury. We don't advise you to lie on your back and do a 100 crunches for running. You can functionally train your abdominals and core in a fashion that is functionally related to running. If you do a sport or activity that requires you to lie on your back and sit up, then crunches are for you.
Even though running is a forward (and backward) motion, your muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints actually have to function in 3 dimensions. One of the most important dimensions also happens to be the one that is most often overlooked, the Transverse Plane, or rotational plane. Everytime you take a step forward with your left foot, you have to rotate around your right hip (and your left hip), rotate around your spine, and rotate in the leg, arch, and foot. This is because we have two legs side by side with a single column on top with a counter rotation coming from the shoulders. Even if you are not moving very much in the transverse plane or frontal (side to side) plane, your body still has to stabilize and prevent excessive rotational and lateral movements in order to move forward efficiently in running.
Innersport has developed a workout routine to MOBILIZE
, and STRENGTHEN
the entire body functionally for running, accentuating the all important and overlooked transverse plane. The purpose of the seminar is to review, instruct, and demonstrate all exercises you will receive via email.
- When: February 3, 2010
- Time: 7:30PM- 8:30PM
- Where: Innersport Chiropractic, Ltd. 1250 Addison St. Suite 102, Berkeley, CA 94702
- What: Instruction of Functional Exercise Program for Running. VIDEOS and print outs INCLUDED and emailed to you.
- BONUS! We will also email you foam rolling and flexibility exercises.
- Small class size for individualized attention.
- Cost: $30 for attendance, printouts, and emailed workout including videos. Payment instructions will be emailed to you upon registration below.
- RSVP: Space is LIMITED! Use the form below to RSVP by Jan. 27th. Payment is required in full before Jan. 27th in order to reserve your space. No refunds, no transfers, no exceptions. (Should you be unable to attend after you submit payment, you will still receive an email on all exercises, print-outs, and videos.)
Join us for an evening for the workout of your life!
to register. Upon registration, you will receive an email with payment options.