How to find more ease and less pain in your favorite yoga poses!
Sunday October 7th, 2-4pm at InnersportIn this two-hour donation-based workshop, we will explore the anatomy, intention, alignment, and biomechanics of some of the most common yoga poses. Some of what we will discuss includes: Backbends:
- Why does it matter if your legs are internally rotated?
- Should I be engaging my core or letting it relax?
- What’s going on with the alignment of my pelvis?
- What can I do if I have back pain?
- But, my neck hurts when I look up…why should I do it?
- It looks easy, but where is the rotation coming from?
- What about revolved triangle…a tip for stronger rotation
- How to get your hips to and feet to agree with each other in good alignment
- Why are my hips held differently in Warrior III than in Half Moon?
- Why are these standing poses so important?
- How to build a solid foundation
- Build strength and stability in the shoulders
- Getting to plank…and beyond
- This pose is the building block for so many more…